Recipes

So I bought an acorn squash because it looked cool and festive but I wasn’t sure what to do with it. I found a recipe for squash filled with goat cheese, pecans and maple syrup. But I didn’t have pecans and syrup in my kitchen; I had almonds and honey. So, voila, here it is!

Acorn Squash filled with Goat Cheese and Toasted Almonds





2 acorn squash, halved crosswise and seeded
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons melted butter
2/3 cup toasted/roasted crushed almonds
2 tablespoons honey plus more to drizzle
1/2 teaspoon fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
4 oz. log goat cheese





Heat oven to 375F. Sprinkle inside of squash halves with salt and brush with melted butter. Turn upside down on baking sheet and bake 30 minutes.

Stir together crushed almonds, honey, and thyme. Turn squash upright on baking sheet. Reserving about 3 tablespoons almond mixture, fill hollow of each squash with remaining almond mixture. Fill the rest of each squash with goat cheese, and sprinkle with reserved almond mixture.

Bake 10 minutes more. Drizzle with more honey as desired and serve.

Servings: 4

By Nada R.
RSS Digg Twitter StumbleUpon Delicious Technorati