Recipes

I have gotten really into cooking recently. I find it relaxing and enjoyable and I love practicing new dishes. Lately I've been hosting some dinner parties and each time I try to make something creative and yummy for my guests. Usually I'll look up a recipe online for something I like, and then implement it with my own twists and variations. This was no exception. I've made this peanut sauce twice and each time it's been great, but the second time I actually wrote down the directions and measurements for your convenience. This recipe is simple and delicious and great for making a large quantity that will last. The main event is the peanut sauce, which I poured over sauteed tofu and veggies and served with rice. But you can use it with almost anything - your favorite meats, noodles, or even eat it cold as a salad dressing or dip! Enjoy!

Peanut Sauce with Tofu and Veggies

Peanut Sauce

16 oz. creamy peanut butter
1 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 cups water
2 tbsp. honey
1/2 of a fresh squeezed lime
salt and pepper

Combine the peanut butter, coconut milk, soy sauce, water and honey in a large pot. Cook at medium heat and stir often. Lower heat so that it doesn't boil. The key is to stir and stir to get all the lumps out. Cook on low/med heat for about 20 minutes. The sauce should be creamy and smooth. Squeeze the lime in, and season with salt and pepper.

Tofu

16 oz. firm tofu
olive oil salt

Dice up tofu into 1 inch cubes. Saute in frying pan with a little bit of olive oil and salt. Saute tofu until the cubes are a light golden brown on all sides.

Vegetables

Broccoli
Red onion
Red bell pepper
2 carrots
Green asparagus
White asparagus
3 cups water

Dice up vegetables (you could also use frozen veggies). Heat water in a large wok or frying pan until boiling. Place veggies in water and cook on high for 15 minutes. Cover and lower heat so that the veggies are well cooked

Drain veggies. When serving, combine veggies and tofu and pour peanut sauce on top. Serve with rice or noodles. Garnish with a squeeze of fresh lime, some cilantro and cucumber slices. This recipe will serve 6 people and you will have a good deal of peanut sauce leftover! Store it in a closed container in the refrigerator. And with that, the possibilities are endless!

By Nada R.
RSS Digg Twitter StumbleUpon Delicious Technorati